Do you have the habit of eating a light breakfast, fair lunch and heavy dinner? You’re doing it wrong my friend. Your body needs at least a fair breakfast and light dinner. Try egg recipes for dinner and start the habit of having light evening meals.
Egg is full of proteins. It provides satiety and helps you keep from getting more than you need before sleep. Your body doesn’t need much energy during sleep. Organs will only store it as body fats.
Balance out the egg with carbohydrate sources, rice, potato, and bread. Also, get some fruit and vegetables such as kale, avocado, and apple.
If you have a strict diet then refrain from using oil. Nonstick pan and seasoned skillet are good for making grease-free eggs.
Oven cooking is also good for cooking eggs, grease-free. Cleanup the oven, fire it up, and get cooking.
Egg also has calories and fats. Majority of which are in yolks. So exclude the yolks if you’re in a strict diet.
Healthy Egg Recipes for Dinner
Egg is healthy by nature. Simple boiled eggs are enough to enjoy the rewards. But a few little tweaks make it more exciting. Go make some more healthy egg recipes for dinner.
A. Poached eggs.
I urge you to use fresh eggs for poaching. Older eggs have more watery white that will form ugly whiskers upon dipping in water.
- Fill the pot with 5 inches of water. Add vinegar to make it slightly acidic. Boil.
- Cool down the boiled water for a minute. Swirl. Then crack open the egg in the middle of the whirlpool. Let sit for 3 minutes before scooping out.
- Alternatively, If you’re having a hard time poaching egg, get a poachpod to help yourself.
Instead of dropping the egg in the center of the whirlpool, break the eggs into a poachpod. Then place the pod on top of recently boiled water. Let float for 3 minutes. Pop out the poached egg from the pod and serve.
For your information, poachpods are silicone cups especially made for poaching eggs. It’s great for poaching consistently shaped poached eggs.
How to cook sunny side up? Find out here.
B. Egg omelette
- Put a nonstick pan on the stove. Set the heat to medium-low.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the pan. Pour the beaten egg and let sit until almost set.
- Sprinkle herbs and spices on top. Fold the egg in half and pat to seal.
- Top with cheddar and serve.
Baked Egg Recipes for Dinner
Oven is not just for baking bread. You can also make baked eggs, side by side with your favorite bun and cookies.
A. Sunny side up eggs in oven
Get a nonstick muffin pan. Grease with oil or butter. Break open one egg in each muffin pan hole. Then bake for 5 minutes at 425ºF.
B. Fried egg in oven
Preheat a nonstick baking pan in the oven for 15 minutes at 425ºF. Take out and quickly grease with butter. Pour the beaten eggs. Then bake for about 9 minutes. You don’t need to flip. Take it out and serve.
C. Scrambled egg in oven
- In a bowl, whisk about 5 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Pour in 1/2 cup milk and whisk again.
- Pour the mixture into a ceramic baking bowl.
- Then bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Take it out and stir for a bit. Bring back inside the oven and let bake for another 10 minutes.
If the nonstick pan you are using is in perfect condition, no cracks and scratches. Butter or cooking oil is optional.
Continental Egg Recipes for Dinner
Continental foods refers to European recipes which have lesser amount of vegetables. The recipes concentrate more on olive oil, wine and herbs. Commonly serving pastries and breads for breakfast. In addition, the foods can be served hot or cold.
A. Sunny Side Up Ham Burger
- Get a burger bun, cut in halves and sear over a skillet.
- Prepare a sunny side up.
- Fry 1 burger patties and 2 ham slices. Then sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper
- Assemble the sunny side up bacon burger.
B. Egg and Ramen
- Cook 2 instant noodles for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Beat and egg together with an equal amount of grated cheese
- Fry a cup of chopped bacon. When cooked, add noodles and beaten eggs. Stir for a few seconds and serve.
C. Muffin and Bacon Cake with Hollandaise Sauce
- Grease a wide ceramic bowl. Then add in layers of muffin shreds and chopped bacon.
- In a bowl, mix the following ingredients and season with salt and black pepper.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Then pour over the layers of muffins and bacon, and refrigerate for an hour.
- Bake for an hour at 375ºF.
- In a separate bowl placed over a mild steam, whisk 4 egg yolks and a squeeze of lemon. And while whisking, add 1/2 cup of melted butter, a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and a dash of salt.
- Pour the sauce over the baked muffin and bacon. Then sprinkle with herbs.
D. Omelette in Bell Peppers
In a bowl, beat eggs, milk ,chopped bacon, chopped cheese, and a dash of salt.
Get large bell peppers, cut in halves, remove the cores. Lay in a pan. Then fill with beaten eggs. Bake for 15 minutes at 400ºF.
Try it and you’ll be surprised.
I assume you’re on a diet and wondering if egg recipes for dinner are good. Yes, they’re excellent for dinner.
Eggs are great source of proteins which helps you to get fuller faster. You’re less likely to overeat when you have eggs. Fire up your creativity. Create more exciting recipes so you don’t get bored. I listed some healthy but easy to prepare recipes for you to get started.
If you’re on a strict diet. Isolate the yolk and give it to someone in need. Give it to someone who’s on keto diet. But there is no need if you’re on keto yourself.
Use of nonstick pan and baking techniques will help you to get rid of unneeded fat and create more recipes.
Go for continental recipes. Mostly European cuisines that are focused on pastries, baked goods, olive oil, wine, and herbs. You might have noticed that it’s a calorie-rich diet so don’t overdo it.
The egg is healthy and versatile food. Tweak it however you need it!
Check my other post on egg yolk substitutes.