A canned mixed vegetable is a definite must-have in everyone’s kitchen cabinet; it’s affordable, convenient and can be the missing ingredient to your bland looking dish. With canned mixed vegetables, you can immediately spruce up your meal in a very short amount of time.
If you’re on the lookout for new recipes where you can incorporate canned mixed vegetables in, here’s a curated list of awesome canned mixed vegetable recipes that’s perfect for any beginner chef out there.
If you want more recipes for beginners, you can check out this cookbook.
Canned Mixed Vegetables Recipes
Corn and Mixed Vegetable Casserole
First on the list is a good hearty corn and mixed vegetable casserole that is absolutely perfect for a family dinner. Follow this easy-to-make recipe and dig in!
- Half a cup salted butter
- A cup finely chopped celery
- Half a cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 30 ounces of drained, canned mixed vegetables
- 15 ounces of canned whole corn (drained)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (choose any you prefer)
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 pack of crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and melt half of the butter in a saute pan, over medium heat.
- Add in the celery and onion and cook until softened for around8 to 10 minutes. Remove the vegetable from the heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add in the canned mixed vegetables, corn, cheese, mayonnaise, and mix.
- Place the mixture in a casserole dish and top off the crushed Ritz crackers over top.
- Melt the remaining butter and drizzle it all over the dish.
- Bake the dish for 30 to 35 minutes. You’ll need it when the top is a beautiful golden brown.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Beefy Vegetable Taco Pie
Next on our list is perfect for avid mexican food lovers out there! This beefy vegetable taco pie is a great meal that’s going to definitely satisfy your palette.
It’s the perfect dish to have at home partnered with a nice ice-cold beer. Read the recipe below and start making this awesome meal.
- A pound ground beef
- 1 tbsp chilli pepper
- 14 and a half ounces of diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can of mixed vegetables
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 flour tortillas (10-in., burrito size)
- 1 cup of shredded iceberg lettuce
- First, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the brown ground beef and chilli powder in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and stir occasionally for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vegetables and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Arrange 1/3 of the beef mixture in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese, and then top with 1 tortilla. Repeat this to make the layers.
- At the top of the layer sprinkle in the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- For 15 minutes, bake the dish (uncovered) and watch the cheese brown.
Easy Vegetable Fried Rice
Getting bored with plain old white rice? Spruce up a boring cup of rice by turning it into fried rice with the help of canned mixed vegetables, garlic and butter.
With just 3 ingredients your meal just got a hundred times tastier!
Tip: You can definitely revive yesterday’s old cup of rice by doing this recipe. Not only did you save a cup of rice from going bad, you’re cooking up something new—for cheap!
- 1 can of already drained mixed vegetables
- Crushed garlic
- A stick of melted butter
- 3 cups of white/brown rice
- In a saucepan saute in the vegetables, garlic and melted butter.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add in three cups of cooked rice, saute with the vegetables.
- For taste, add in seasonings, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Plate the fried rice and enjoy with any protein dish.
Garlic Butter Mixed Vegetables
Do you feel like your meal is missing something? This garlic butter mixed vegetables recipe is the perfect side dish to accompany any main course.
This recipe is beginner-friendly and is definitely the perfect side dish to complete any full course meal.
- A can of mixed vegetables
- Half a cup vegetable broth
- A tbsp butter
- A tsp of garlic (minced)
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped) for garnish
- Mix in the vegetables and broth together in a medium saucepan over medium heat and let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain off the broth and then add in the butter, garlic, pepper and parmesan cheese. And mix until well blended.
- To finish, sprinkle each serving with freshly chopped parsley for added color.
Meatless Shepherd’s Pie
If you’re living a meatless diet, this meatless shepherd’s pie dish is the absolutely perfect dinner party dish. Although shepherd’s pie looks like a hard thing to make, this recipe is completely easy-to-make!
Follow this step-by-step recipe and end up with a mouthwatering shepherd’s pie, you won’t regret making this!
- 1 can of mushrooms
- Chopped up onions
- 1 can of mixed vegetables
- Crushed garlic
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Saute up some onions and garlic, and mushrooms
- Mix in the veggies and add a glop of tomato sauce
- Dump them into a buttered casserole dish and top with mashed potatoes
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Cook Awesome Dish with Canned Mixed Vegetables
Can you believe a can of mixed vegetables has the ability to level-up just about any dish out there? Canned mixed vegetables are the perfect back up plan when things in the kitchen feel a little bit sparse.
So just to be safe, you should always have a few of these stocked up in your own kitchen because you never know when you’re gonna need them!
And if you love the convenience of having canned food, check out my post on canned lobster recipes.