Put simply, beef ribs baked in the oven is hands-down the most delicious meal out there.
Some of you will agree with me on this, but for those still skeptical imagine this; beef that’s cooked just perfectly it melts in your mouth.
Picture yourself chewing thoughtfully on a golden brown slightly seared beef rib, nibble at the seared edges, hell, chomp down on the beef ribs if you must. Savor the full flavored taste in the juice with all the spices in the beef.
That’s what you get with beef ribs cooked in the oven.
If you couldn’t quite visualize it, at least do yourself a favor and try cooking beef ribs in the oven.
It’ll be worth your while, promise.
Because it is so easy, anybody can do it why don’t you try cooking beef ribs in the oven. Below are some of the best and easy ways to cook beef ribs in the oven.
1. How to cook beef ribs in the oven with salt and pepper.
- Start off by first removing any excess fat and “silvery skin” film around the beef ribs. This Is crucial to how the beef will taste later on.
- Next rinse the beef ribs using cold water (just to be sure to remove any guck that may still be lying around).
- Dry the beef ribs using paper towels before coating the ribs with olive oil. Apply sparingly.
- Sprinkle about half the seasoning on the ribs. Rub spices on the beef ribs, add more olive oil when necessary.
- Put the beef ribs in a bowl and cover. Let it marinate in a refrigerator 1 or 2 hours. However, if you’re short on time, marinate for at least ½ an hour.
- As the beef marinates, crank up the oven, set it to heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Put the beef ribs on the baking tray and cover with another aluminum foil, sealing the foil’s edges.
- Place the baking tray in the oven, middle rack and bake for 3-4 hours.
- To check if the meat is properly cooked, you can use a fork to tell if the ribs are tender.
- Cook to your desired taste, then once done, skim off any excess fat.
- Brush some Barbeque sauce on the now cooked beef ribs.
- Turn the heat to low, and broil the ribs for some minutes. When done, the sauce ought to be sticky.
- Serve while still hot.
Ever wonder on how to cook a tomahawk steak? Read it here.
The reason you have to eliminate the silvery skin around the beef is just so, the spices and seasoning infuse even more in the ribs. This means the difference between simply good and mouthwatering delicious.
You can also coat the beef ribs with liquid smoke if you have some, but it is not necessary.
If you are not sure on what to use for the seasoning, just use salt and pepper. The results will just be as amazing.
But then you might be wondering, there was a mention of cooked beef that literally melted in your mouth. Well in that case, stay put. Below you get to know how to cook “fall off the ribs beef” in an oven.
2. How to cook “fall off the ribs beef” in an oven.
There isn’t much really to pulling of that “fall off the ribs” trick. In many respects, it’s just cooking beef ribs in the oven, with some few tricks to it.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- As the oven heats up, remove the silvery skin from the beef rib together with any excess fat.
- Rinse the ribs with cold water then dry using paper towels. Rub the beef ribs with seasoning. Use whatever you have, but at least use salt and pepper.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat the aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Put the beef ribs on the baking tray, and place it in the oven middle rack.
- Let the beef bake for 20-30 minutes. Turn the meat frequently until all sides turn to a golden brown.
- Take out the beef ribs from the oven, and coat the beef ribs with barbeque sauce. Put the beef ribs back in the oven and let it bake for 20 more minutes until the sauce starts to caramelize.
- Once the sauce is caramelized through, take out the beef and add some more sauce coating. Cover the beef ribs with aluminum foil, sealing the edges such that steam cannot escape.
- Reduce the heat to 250oF, then return the beef ribs back to the oven.
- Let it bake for some more 2 hours.
- Once the 2 hours are up, use a fork to check if the ribs are tender. At this point the beef should be practically falling off the rib. If this is not the case, return the beef ribs back to the oven and cook for some more minutes. Every now and then, check if the beef has attained the desired tenderness.
- You can serve this amazing meal with any of your favorite salads or sides.
With the seasoning, use 2 teaspoons pepper and salt. You can however adjust the amount to taste.
When cooking boneless beef ribs in the oven, use the procedure for cooking beef ribs in the oven with the exception being on cooking time.
Boneless beef ribs generally take less time to cook when compared to beef ribs with bones. You may therefore want to reduce the heat for the oven as well as check on cooking time to prevent overcooking.
Whenever you are using aluminum foil to bake, it’s better to use heavy duty aluminum foil.
If you are short on time when cooking boneless beef ribs, you can also bake the beef ribs at 375oF and you can have them ready within 1 hour.
And that is how you can cook beef ribs in an oven, enjoy.
Read my other article on how to cook country style ribs.