The strongest group of goat milk lovers is that of allergy sufferers. Some who have rashes or digestibility problems from consuming cow’s milk have no health problems with goat’s milk. It is often certain proteins that trigger an allergic reaction to cow’s milk. A few of them are species-specific, i.e. not contained in goat’s milk. What someone reacts to can be clarified with the help of an allergy test at the doctor? He may then give the green light to try goat’s milk.
By the way: you don’t have to drink goat milk straight, you can also make other things out of it – and that falls into the gourmet department: goat cheese, goat yoghurt or thick milk. If you want, you can even make these healthy products from goat’s milk yourself and it will be shown what does goat milk taste like in this products. Theoretically, they last longer than fresh milk. In practice, they are usually eaten in a very short time.
Goat’s milk butter at home
What does goat milk taste like when it’s made into butter? Goat milk cream does not rise as fast as cow milk, so the milk must be kept in the refrigerator for 4 days. Do not be afraid that it will turn sour – fresh goat milk does not sour for a long time.
Carefully skim the cream off the surface of the milk by pouring it into a 2 liter jar. Of course, not very much cream will turn out, but even from this amount you can make 100-150 g of the most delicious and wholesome goat butter.
Close the jar of cream with a tight lid and let it sit at room temperature for about 6 hours. This is necessary so that the process of beating the butter is faster and easier.
Whisk in the cream while shaking the jar vigorously. The whole process will take about 15 minutes. A lump of butter is formed – put it with a spoon in a prepared container and refrigerate. It is already completely ready for use.
The skim milk remaining after whipping the goat butter can be used for culinary purposes. For example, putting it to sour in a warm place – in this case, you will get fat-free yogurt. On its basis, you can cook pastries or just drink it – very tasty!
Homemade goat milk curd
Fresh goat milk does not turn sour quickly. Of course, you can help the process in different ways, but I prefer to just put the milk can in a warm place. On the third day, you can start preparing cottage cheese.
Pour the boiled milk into a suitable sized saucepan. It is better if it is enameled. Place a saucepan with curdled milk on the stove over low heat. Heat sour milk, but do not bring it to a boil, otherwise the curd will turn out hard.
As soon as it comes to a boil, strain the contents of the pan through cheesecloth folded in several layers. Now the cheesecloth with cottage cheese needs to be hung so that the excess serum is glass.
After an hour or two, the cottage cheese can be taken out of the gauze and you can see what does goat milk taste like as curd. Bon Appetite!
Rice porridge with goat milk
Follow the steps below to see what does goat milk taste like with rice porridge
1. Rinse the rice until the water becomes completely transparent.
2. Put it in a saucepan, fill it with water and put it on medium heat.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until the water is almost completely absorbed.
4. Add a little goat’s milk, bring it to a boil again, and then turn the heat down.
5. When the porridge becomes thicker, pour in more milk – and then add it in small portions as it is absorbed into the rice. Don’t forget to get in the way. At the same stage, add salt and sugar, as well as vanilla extract to the porridge (do not overdo it, you only need to give the porridge a light aroma).
6. Pour the remaining milk into the thickened porridge, bring to a boil, and then turn off the heat. Close the saucepan with a lid and let the porridge brew for 10 minutes.
7. Put butter in the finished porridge, stir and you can serve it to the table, decorating it to your taste, for example, with berries, fruits, jam, syrup, etc.
Cheese from goat’s milk with pepsin
1. Dilute Pepsin in a small amount of cold water. Pour the milk into a saucepan, send it to the fire, heat it to 35-37 degrees, then pour the dissolved pepsin into the milk, wait for a clot to form.
2. After about 35-40 minutes, the curd is ready, cut it with a skewer into small cubes, send the pan to a very low heat, and heat it to 40 degrees, no higher. Stir the mass periodically so that the whey separates better.
3. When the grain becomes elastic, and this will happen not earlier than after 50-60 minutes with constant heating and stirring, put it in a mold lined with gauze, salt.
4. Place the mold in a larger bowl, cover it with a smaller lid (you can take a flat plate), set the weight. Leave for 45 minutes to drain the whey.
5. After the specified time has elapsed, carefully remove the cheese from the mold, turn it over to the other side, salt it again, cover it with the same lid, and set the load twice as heavy as the first.
6. After two hours, the goat cheese can be taken out and you can see what does goat milk taste like after its turn intro chees, or you can leave it for two days in the refrigerator to ripen.
Today, the demand for natural dairy products in cooking is growing. Goat milk recipes are very diverse. It can be used to make aromatic cheese, delicate goat butter, juicy cottage cheese, delicious condensed milk, goat yoghurts, kefir and sour cream. With its help, all kinds of vegetable and meat casseroles, first courses, omelets, croutons and pancakes, pancakes and pancakes, hot and sweet sauces, cocktails and even jelly are prepared. With skillful handling, goat milk turns into incredibly tasty feta cheese, which is often used as one of the ingredients of vitamin salads and desserts.