Eating carrots is healthier; it contains many nutrients such as vitamin A, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber contents. In this article I will particularly show you how to eat carrots, and how you can prepare carrots in various ways for tasty flavors. You can season them with spices and herbs to add more flavor and don’t forget it has plenty of fiber content.
You can choose the healthiest way to eat carrots whether in raw or cooked depending with your Preference.
How to eat carrots
- When eating plain chopped carrots, use a sharp knife to remove the skin off, you can use the vegetable peeler and chop them vertically; sizes depends on your preference. I recommend you chop them into smaller sizes if you don’t mind.
- Submerge your plain carrots in vegetable dips or hummus; this allows you to enjoy the additional flavor to vegetables such as spinach.
- Dip baby carrots in peanut butter for you to have a creamy flavor scoop a spoonful of peanut butter to a plate and arrange carrots around the spoon, then go ahead and take a bite.
- You can top your salads with raw shredded carrots and this is the healthiest way to eat carrots, before that, wash your carrots, cut the top part using a knife, and shred your carrots onto salads.
- Add shred carrots to your favorite coleslaw carrot recipes, mix your shredded carrots with shredded cabbage, add apple cider vinegar or mayonnaise and mix them thoroughly.
Here is how to cook carrots:
- Serving your favorite dish with steamed carrots, you must cut the tops of your carrots using a knife, use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin, chop your carrots to smaller sizes; you can also add steamed carrots with mashed potatoes together.
- Enhance your carrots flavor by roasting, peel the skin and chop them into smaller pieces, place them on your baking dish and mix in with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Bake them until they turn color to brown, you can mix them regularly to achieve an even cooking.
- Season your steamed or roasted carrots with orange juice, brown sugar, and butter in a clean frying pan, and then mix them with your carrots.
How to enjoy carrots
- Throw your carrots into a smoothie of pineapple juice, honey, and yogurt, put your carrots straight into the blender, then pour pineapple juice after your carrots are smooth, add pineapple juice and raw honey, then blend them all until they are smooth.
- Use carrots to make delicious soup and stews; for you to have soup, easily mix your carrots with chicken broth and onions in your pot, add water and sprinkle them with smashed garlic tarragon, cover the pot and reduce the source of heat.
- Simmer for some time, let your mixture cool down; use your blender to puree the mix, reheat your broth for 5 minutes if you like, and add heavy whipping cream for creamy soup.
- Make veggie fried rice with carrots, egg, soy sauce; prepare a cup of white rice and mix with chopped carrots, egg, and any of your favorite vegetables, pour soy sauce, and heat.
- Use carrots and flaxseed to make a deliciously healthy muffin, mix puree carrots and apple in a food processor, mix a cup of flour and flaxseed meal, brown sugar, baking soda, kosher salt, and cinnamons.
- Then add milk, vanilla extract and mix them thoroughly.
Benefits of eating carrots
- Eating carrots is healthier; they are rich in vitamins and fiber and contain minerals and antioxidants. Antioxidants help your body be free of cancerous cells because it damages free radicals that cause cancer.
- Eating carrots helps in vision; you may ask yourself if eating carrots allows you to see at night? Your answer might be a yes, carrots contain vitamin A, and insufficient vitamin A may cause night blindness.
- If you consume carrots in large quantities, it leads to increased carotenoids, which help lower the chances of getting colon cancer; carrots also contain fiber, hence promoting gut’s health.
- Consuming carrots helps those people with diabetes; carrots contain carbohydrates, sugar, and fiber and fewer calories; fiber helps in managing blood sugar level in your body, thus helping people with type 2 diabetes.
- Eating carrots helps in connecting tissues and healing open wounds in your body; it also contains calcium in small quantities and phosphorus, which promotes bone health and helps prevent osteoporosis.
- Eating carrots helps in managing blood pressure due presence of fiber and potassium. Potassium makes your blood vessels relax; reducing the possibility of you getting high blood pressure. Furthermore, eating excess of it leads to a high fiber intake; which helps reduce the levels of cholesterol in blood.
Here are some of the side effects of eating carrots:
If you consume excess carrots, it leads to high intake of vitamin A, which may turn toxic in your body; it may cause your skin to turn color to slight orange. This orange skin color is due to excess beta-carotene in the bloodstream.
Taking excess carrots may become toxic because vitamin A is fat-soluble, excess vitamin A stored in the liver or fat tissues can inhibit bone formation leading to weaker bones.
How to eat carrots depends on your preference, we have learned many ways on how to cook carrots but it is fine if you eat in their raw form. You can select ways to eat carrots following your preferences.
Consuming carrots is healthy for your body because it is nutrients-rich vegetable, to name a few; vitamin A, several minerals, and antioxidants. You can add carrot recipes other flavors you like. So, what are the major contents you can find in a carrot? Carrots contain sugar, carbohydrates, and fewer calories.
Eating carrots is healthy but keep in mind that excess of vitamin A in your body may have side effects like changing your skin color to orange because of excess beta-carotene in the bloodstream. One more thing to remember is; excess vitamin A stored in the liver is toxic.