Mexico has always been a popular country to visit. From their tourist attractions to their festivals, there isn’t quite like it in the world. Unsurprisingly, their cuisines are also one of the best in the world. Mexican foods are known for being extravagant, and you’ll be surprised at how varied their cuisines are.
Just like how colorful Mexican cities and their festivals are, their foods likewise reflect that festivity. From salty, sweet, sour, and spicy, whichever one of those appeals to your tongue, Mexicans have them. Mexican cuisines are truly unique, and that’s why you can see their dishes all over the world.
Of all the Mexican cuisines, one cuisine stood above the rest. In fact, it is even on the menu of some restaurants despite not being a Mexican restaurant. I am, of course, talking about Tacos. Tacos are straightforward in nature, and it is basically meat wrapped around in some tortillas.
However, simple tacos are a disservice to your tongue. Sure, meat with tortillas is edible, but why stop there? Different restaurants are offering different kinds of tacos on the menu. It is insane how many choices of tacos you can buy. From spicy tacos to meat and cheesy tacos, the combinations are endless!
Today, we can find tacos on the menu in restaurants all over the world. You can find tacos in restaurants and fast-food chains. If you are not a fan of fast-food meals, then try to make some homemade tacos instead.
What really makes tacos popular is that it is relatively easy to make. With the choices of tacos in front of you, it can be overwhelming which one to make. But here is a suggestion, try having some steak tacos.
Cooking Steak Tacos
Steak Tacos are easy to make. As long as you have steak and tortilla, you are good, but why limit it? Today, I am going to show you how to improve the usual Steak Taco. Just follow the instructions below, and in no time, you will have a delicious steak taco!
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Grounded or Sliced Steak (Which One You Prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- Grounded Back Pepper
- 8-12 Tortillas (According To Your Needs)
- Sour Cream
- Powdered Cheese
- Sliced Onions
- Diced Tomatoes
- Diced Avocado
- Take a small bowl, and mix the paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and ground pepper.
- In a large pan, pour over the vegetable oil and let it heat up in medium heat.
- While the pan is heating up, take the grounded or sliced steak and mix in the spices you had prepared in the bowl. (If you want, you can choose to marinate the steak overnight to further spice up the flavor)
- When the pan is sufficiently hot enough, add the steak to the pan and cook it.
- After cooking the steak, put the steak into the tortillas. After that, add the toppings to the taco.
How Many Calories In a Steak Taco?
So, how many calories in a steak taco? It depends. You see, fast-food steak tacos contain more calories than homemade steak tacos. Expect fast-food steak tacos to contain 300-600 calories. On the other hand, homemade tacos only have 250 calories.