There is no denying that Mexican dishes are one of the best foods in the world. Plus, Mexican foods are always extravaganza, from countless spices to salt, cheese, and cream are added to it. Even some of the most iconic snacks out there, like Doritos, take their inspiration from Mexican Cuisines.
When speaking of Mexican foods, nothing is as famous as tacos. Tacos is a relatively new dish, and its origins are also quite unclear. However, there is one accepted speculation on the origins of tacos.
The speculation states that the word tacos originally came from the term taco de minero. Taco de Minero means the miner’s tacos. But rather than the staple food we know and love today, it’s a term for a bomb. Taco De Minero is gunpowder wrapped around with pieces of paper and then set within the rock’s crevices then is detonated.
When you think about it, tacos do resemble Taco de Minero. But instead of gunpowder and paper, we have meat and tortillas. The term for the cuisine taco is new, but the dish itself predates Spanish arrival. Evidence shows that the indigenous people have eaten tacos filled with fish. So what do the old natives call their taco? For the answer, we may never know.
Today, we can find several places to buy tacos. From Mexican restaurants to fast-food chains, you can find tacos on their menu. If you are not keen on the idea of fast-foods, you can always try making tacos at home. If you are looking at which tacos you should try first, try some chicken tacos.
Just like any other tacos, chicken tacos are relatively easy to make. As long as you have tortillas, chicken meat, and some spices, you are good to go.
Cooking Chicken Tacos
Cooking chicken tacos is relatively simple. But if you want to further spice up your chicken tacos, look into the following ingredients.
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of cumin powder
- Grounded Chicken Meat
- Grounded Back Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 8-12 Tortillas (According To Your Needs)
- Diced Avocado
- Sour Cream
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Onions
- Take a small bowl, and mix the garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and ground pepper.
- In a large pan, pour over the vegetable oil and let it heat up in medium heat.
- While the pan is heating up, take the grounded chicken meat and mix in the spices you had prepared in the bowl.
- When the pan is sufficiently hot enough, add the chicken to the pan and cook it until it turns golden brown. It will take only 4-6 minutes.
- After cooking the chicken, pour the chicken into the tortillas. After that, add the toppings to the taco.
How Many Calories In A Chicken Taco?
Tacos are not the healthiest foods out there, especially those served in fast-food chains. For your typical fast-food chicken taco, you can expect 300-580 calories in it. However, for this recipe, you can only expect 200-300 calories.