Burritos are perfect for a morning breakfast. They are an all-round type of dish. A large number of people across the world love to eat burritos. It is undeniably irresistible. Even the survey shows that thousands of people can’t go without eating burritos hardly a week passing by.
They exist in numerous flavours, for instance, beef burritos, chicken burritos and bean burritos. There is this delicious burrito you got from your favourite burrito joint or made it yourself at home. Perhaps it was not just one, but a couple of them. You ate them but still could not finish them all and had some leftover. You try imagining how wonderful it tasted when still hot, but the next minute you want to have it is chilly.
Choices are you either dispose of the leftover or eat them as they are – yet you do not want them cold. Well, there are various processes of reheating burrito/burritos to have them warm once again. Check them out below.
How to Reheat Burritos in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees-275 degrees Fahrenheit. (110 degrees-140 degrees Celsius).
- Wrap your burritos with aluminum foil loosely on a baking plate. It makes them softer. Loosely, so that steam can escape, hence the tortilla will not get damp and soggy.
- Put your burritos inside and heat for 20-30 minutes, until they cook thoroughly.
If you want your burritos crispy, heat them when they are defrosted (if they were frozen) for 15-20 mins.
This method enhances even heating and can regulate the tortilla’s crispiness. Besides, the outcome is very delicious.
How to Reheat Burritos in a Microwave
- Place your burritos in a microwave-safe dish.
- Add small drops of water on your tortilla. At the point tortillas dry out, they lose moisture. The only way to make them wet once again is by adding moisture to soften them again. Another way is to cover your burritos with a damp paper towel.
- Warm for 3-5 minutes, flipping them over each time.
- After heating sufficiently, remove the paper towels, serve.
This method proves to be the quickest, yet it will probably make the protein to some degree rubbery. Likewise, in light of the fact, the ingredients have different water; some get too hot when others are still warm.
How to Keep a Burrito Warm on a Grill
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes to 250 degrees-300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap the burritos in aluminum foil loosely.
- Place your burritos on the grill and cover with a lid.
- Let them cook slowly for 15-20 minutes, turning them over after every few minutes.
- Remove your burritos from the grill as it could be hot.
A grill is the best approach to give your burritos a touch of additional flavour and ensure they get nicely browned.
Preheating makes it possible for heat to pass on through the grill grates and result in the strongly browned strips which you desired most.
Instead of using an aluminum foil, you may opt to spread on a light covering of butter on all burrito sides. Some of it will liquefy off and make flare-ups, which in reality are acceptable. What remains on the tortillas will gently fry on the grill.
With this option, I suggest putting your burritos on the grill seam down; hence the burritos stay closed. Heat them for 3-5 minutes on each side. At the end of it all, they are scorched about the edges but are very crisp.
How to Reheat Chimichanga
What are chimichangas? They are deep-fried burritos, garnished with toppings such as sour cream, guacamole, lettuce and the like.
Well, some of these ingredients are not good under heat. Sour cream, for instance, when it is in large quantity and gets reheated, may separate.
Besides, it could render your burritos very soggy. A remedy would be to scoop off such ingredients that you don’t require heat, reheat the remaining ingredients, and add the unheated ones.
Or, you can make up your mind to reheat them all and have your burritos that way. Though, you would have to deal with the sogginess later on.
All the methods work the same while reheating chimichanga since it is a burrito after all. However, take caution of warming the lettuces, guacamole and sour cream. You may also use a skillet with the following steps.
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add your chimichangas then cover with a lid.
- Heat for 10 minutes, flipping them over after every 2 minutes.
A few tips:
- Do not warm burritos with sour cream or any damp liquid as they do not reheat well. Instead, you can immerse your burritos in those ingredients when rewarming. It will not be saggy or droopy.
- When reheating on a skillet, flip each side for gentle browning. Ensure the flap side faces down to help the contents inside stay together pretty well.
Wrapping it all up
No doubt, burritos are almost everyone’s favourite. You can always enjoy them with a side of chips or guacamole. You best enjoy them while still hot or warm. If they get cold or you have leftovers, you need to reheat them.
When using an oven, all you need is an aluminum foil to wrap the burrito inside before warming. With a microwave, remember to add moisture to your tortillas to make them soft. Then again, the water should not be too much – the whole tortilla should not be damp. Afterward, rewarm inside the microwave. When grilling, do not forget to wrap aluminum foil loosely on your burritos. For a skillet, do not use high temperature as your burritos could get scorched. Always turn them over after every 2 minutes.
All these processes of reheating burrito are helpful in one way or another for warming them.