Sides for barbeque ribs are pretty basic to have for every BBQ party. Agree? Yes, you’re right to think about the need for a side for BBQ ribs, but what you don’t know is that side dishes enhance the main course, especially when it is delicious and appetizing as barbecue ribs. Most of all, one cannot thoroughly enjoy the tenderness and deliciousness of the succulent dish until they are not entirely absorbed in the process of making it, whether by smoke or grill.
6 Effortless Recipes You Can Try for your Barbeque Ribs
One must certainly desire a side dish when feasting on barbeque ribs (whether it is chicken, beef, or pork), as the ribs have quite a very salty, tangy, and scrumptious flavor, and your taste buds might want a crisp or creamy balance to it.
There are several variations of sides for the barbeque ribs; some salty and crispy, some sweet and creamy, while others, juicy and spicy. What better choice for your next barbeque party, is to pair it with a sides that further enhances the taste of your barbeque ribs.
Below are the variety of our absolute treasured sides :
1. Potato Salads.
Potato salad has several variations to it. Being the most common and easy side dish, it can have more than one method to cook. It is the ultimate dish to side with barbeque ribs, especially if it includes cream.
This recipe for barbeque ribs require :
- 2-3 potatoes
- A packet of cream or mayonnaise
- Salt and other seasonings
- Firstly, boil the potatoes and peel them off.
- Then cut them into thin slices and add a bit of salt.
- And then cook it until it becomes crispy, and the edges become crunchy.
- Lastly, add potatoes, mayonnaise, or cream in a bowl and mix until adequately emulsified.
As final touch, sprinkle your favorite seasonings, and you’re done. Enjoy!
2. Macaroni salad.
In my opinion, this is the easiest and quickest dish to side with any course if you have macaroni on hand. It is easy because neither does it involve much effort nor does it take plenty of time. It requires simple ingredients that reside in almost everyone’s pantry and these are as follows:
- A packet of elbow macaroni (or whichever you have)
- Black Pepper
- Apples, bananas, etc.
- Cream or mayonnaise
This side dish is as simple as it sounds. Boil the macaroni and then add it to a bowl with all the other ingredients. After that, mix everything up well until fully immersed. Lastly, keep in the refrigerator to cool. Served chill. Enjoy your barbeque ribs!
3. Baked beans
Baked beans, is a recipe that can enlighten anyone’s mood up, anytime, and anywhere. Yes, you read it right. We’re talking about baked beans and not cooked beans. If you are a traditional food lover, you might find yourself realizing that you have never heard about baked beans before. Similar to the recipes mentioned-above, beans also include certain variations to the methods in which it can be made.
The ingredients it includes are as follows:
- Certain seasonings
- Remember to preheat the oven to 400ᵒF to get a good, juicy texture.
- Use a skillet for cooking the bacon until crunchy.
- Then add onion and all other seasonings.
- Mix the beans along with other ingredients.
- And after simmering the mixture for a minute or two, take it off the stove.
- Then, add bacon on the top, place the skillet inside the oven, and bake it for 35 to 40 mins.
- Lastly, check, if juicy, then take it out. Allow it to cool at room temperature and then serve. Enjoy!
4. Mix Vegetable Salad
If you’re on a diet and want to have some fun within limits, then the vegetable salad is the best option for you. It is prompt and easy to prepare. You only need the daily-life routine vegetables and some other basic ingredients to make this easy and delicious salad. You can add any vegetables you like.
This recipe requires:
- Vegetables of your choice
- Sweet corns
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon (optional)
- Firstly, cut in small slices whatever vegetable you choose.
- Then add sweet corns and bacon (if you want to).
- And then, add salt and pepper for flavor. After that, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Lastly, set onto a dish or plate to enhance its presentation. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
5. Fruit Salad as sides for your barbeque ribs? Why not.
It is as refreshing to ingest as fresh it sounds. Who doesn’t love fruits? Especially on a hot summer day, a cold fruit salad takes over anything and everything. It is straightforward to make and requires no unusual ingredients or time. Just those regular fruits, when cut, and served chilled, can rock your day.
The ingredients you need for it are:
You can peel its skin off if you like; however, I prefer it with the skin. Cut it into small cubes or slices. Then add all the ingredients into a bowl and add sugar and chat masala. Lastly, mix everything and keep in refrigerator to cool. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
6. Mac and Cheese, a quick side option to pair with your barbeque ribs.
It is as delicious to eat as it sounds. Mac and cheese are perhaps one of the quickest, easiest, and most loved dishes among teenagers and kids nowadays. The ingredients you require are as follows:
- Salt and pepper
Its easiness can be judged merely by its name. All you need to do is boil the macaroni and then mix all the ingredients together. And you’re done. Let cool at room temperature. Enjoy!
Barbecue is undoubtedly loved by everyone: its smoky flavor, tenderness, succulent taste, and aroma. But an additional dish never hurt anyone. Barbeques itself just so divine that it doesn’t need anything else to intensify its quality and taste. As if it is a one-man army.
However, your tongue will like to have a change of taste. And for that purpose, I highly recommend you to try any one of the sides for barbecue ribs, mentioned above. We hope it helps just as you want to be helped, for that is our primary aim, to make you feel contented and ease your work for you.
FUN FACT: Have you ever wondered where do baby ribs come from? If you think that they are obtained from baby animals, then you are quite wrong, for they are called baby ribs merely because they are shorter in length than that of spare ribs.
Try these 4 hacks to better clean your grill. But if you are someone who doesn’t want to wait until barbeque season is over before their grill gets harder to clean, you can probably relate to the habit of cleaning-as-you-go with these cleaning tips.
Have a good day ahead!