Why would you want to thicken instant pudding?
We might all know and familiar with ordinary cook pudding that existed for decades. It is usually served chilled with a silky and mouth-pleasing texture.
However, with the more convenience that life has brought to us, more and more instant food or drinks has appeared such as instant noodles or instant coffee.
Of course, we have instant pudding as well with sugar, flavor and thickeners as primary ingredients. This kind of pudding can be prepared by combining the powdered mix with milk and mixing the ingredients to create a perfect emulsion.
You can consume it warm or let it cool in the fridge before serving. However, even with the processed powder and you just need to add liquid to create a flavor pudding, you might still be so disappointed if the pudding is too runny that make the dish less delicious. So in this article, let me share with you ways you can thicken instant pudding.
But first, let me introduce 3 interesting instant pudding flavors from Jello that you might want to try:
No products found.
Can you thicken instant pudding?
So can we fix it once the instant pudding is too watery? Actually, with some simple tasks then you can turn the runny pudding into a better version with a thicker texture. Let’s figure it out in the article below.
Tips to thicken instant pudding
- Maybe you are just not mixing the mixture enough so just try to stir it longer to check if the pudding will be thicker
- You should use whole milk, not a part-skim one and do not try substituting the milk for soy milk or something else since the result will not be as expected
- If you have another box of instant pudding, pour a bit more of pudding mix to the bowl of pudding you already have made to thicken the runny pudding
- It’s recommended to use less milk than the directions in the package
- Using a small amount of powdered sugar to add to the pudding little by little can thicken it but also sweeten the pudding a bit, so ensure you will add the proper amount and prefer sweetness
Things you’ll need
- A fridge
- A blender
- A bowl/ A mason jar
- Milk and powdered mix
How to thicken instant pudding
- Pour the pudding in a mason jar and shake it
- Put the jar to the fridge for a couple of hours before serving
How to thicken instant pudding by doing it right at the beginning
- Measure the correct amount of whole milk less just a little, into a blender
- Quickly dump the box of powder pudding mix into the blender and put the lid on the blender
- Turn on the blender medium speed for 10 seconds.
- Quickly pull the lid off the blender and immediately pour into the bowls (the faster you pour the easier the blender is to clean)
- Place the uncovered bowl into the refrigerator for one hour before serving
Ok so now that you know how not to screw up your instant pudding in the first place, you are ready to try these instant pudding flavors:
No products found.