A lot of people like to bake cookies, cakes, and cupcakes. Not only does it result in something delicious, but the process of baking is also pretty fun. The best part of it is making of the frosting. Frosting, also known as icing is mostly used as a decoration, but most people enjoy eating it. Some may be content eating just the frosting. The truth is that most of us can’t deny the extra pop of sugar it provides. Because a lot of people love it, hundreds of recipes on different frostings are made popular. To name a few, these are Italian Meringue Buttercream, Chocolate Ganache, French Buttercream, Vanilla Buttercream, and Rich Chocolate Frosting are. However, today we are going to talk about how to make peanut butter cream cheese frosting. This recipe is something any peanut butter lover can’t resist.
There are only seven ingredients needed to make peanut butter cream cheese frosting. Here are the ingredients :
- A cup of unsalted butter.
- Creamy peanut butter, one cup.
- 3 cups of powdered sugar.
- Vanilla extract, one teaspoon.
- Salt, half a teaspoon.
- Two tablespoons of milk
- 8 ounces of cream cheese.
Preparing the cream cheese:
- Soften the cream cheese by taking a towel and soak it in hot water.
- While the towel is soaking, get rid of the box the cream cheese is in.
- Then, squeeze all the water out of the towel and use it to wrap the cream cheese.
- Don’t worry when you remove it from the box, it is still lined with foil. The foil will guard the cheese against the water, but not from the warmth, and that is exactly what we want.
How to Make Powdered sugar:
If you don’t have powdered sugar at home, you can easily make it yourself. Just add one cup of sugar in a blender and a tablespoon of cornstarch if you like. Blend away and you have your very own powdered sugar. Very easy, right?
Instructions on how to make peanut butter cream cheese frosting:
- In a big bowl, put the creamy peanut butter, the butter, and the cream cheese in it.
- Mix these three ingredients together. We recommend using an electric mixer. Mix them well until blended and have a creamy texture.
- Next, take your powdered sugar and slowly start adding it to the mixture using an electric mixer.
- Mix it thoroughly, not leaving any lumps in your frosting so we suggest doing this process very slowly and diligently.
- Then add the vanilla extract and half teaspoon of salt.
- Add the powdered sugar, and then add the milk gradually. Mix everything together with the mixer.
- Then set your mixer on high speed and mix it for thirty more seconds. Voila! You just made peanut butter cream cheese frosting.
You can put in the fridge or freezer frosting leftovers depending on when you plan on using it. It can sit in your fridge for up to two weeks. It is important to put it in a clean and sealed container, otherwise, it will go bad. You can also freeze it and use it in the next two months provided it is properly kept in a container. You want to shut the container nicely so no air will go in or out.
Keto-friendly peanut butter cream cheese frosting:
If you are following a keto diet, you would be pleased to find out that peanuts are low in carbs. They are also packed with proteins and fats which your diet requires. They also contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. However, this doesn’t mean that you should now eat peanuts every day if you are strictly counting your calories. They might have vitamins and minerals but they are also high in calories. Peanuts can very easily make you gain weight. We recommend buying them organic. Both peanuts and peanut butter.
So, we hope you enjoyed our guide on how to make peanut butter cream cheese frosting. If you are into baking then make sure you try this recipe. Who knows it might become your favorite frosting. Some people like to eat this frosting on its own, but if you are wondering what you can combine it with, our first recommendation has to be brownies. The chocolate in brownies and the peanut butter in the icing make an excellent combination. Cookies, preferably chocolate ones, also go great with this frosting. And last but not least, you can also use it to cover your chocolate cake. We promise you, you won’t regret it.
If you love peanut butter, you may want to try making this recipe of peanut butter cookies from my previous post.