As the days keep getting colder and colder, we need something to keep us warm. Most of you probably thought of something like tea or hot chocolate. But no, we are talking about something a little healthier than that. Soup! Yes, soups are great for cold winter days when you feel like nothing can warm you up. Soups that contain vegetables are even better. They help in boosting your immune system and keeping you healthy throughout the winter. Because of the cold days ahead, we decided to talk about how to make instant pot broccoli cheese soup. This soup not only is healthy, but it also tastes amazing. The cheese in the soup is an excellent addition which makes an already delicious dish taste even better. If you want to find out how to make it and what ingredients you need, just keep on reading!
Steps on How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup:
The instant pot is definitely a life-changing tool. People that don’t have much time to spend cooking will definitely love this cooker. It can prepare a full meal in just a few minutes. Among those meals is the instant pot broccoli cheese soup. It takes more or less twenty minutes to make it and it tastes amazingly delicious. The rich creamy flavor combined with the saltiness of the cheese is mind-blowing. Not everything healthy tastes as good as this soup.
Of course, if you don’t have an instant pot you can always make it on the stovetop. It will taste the same but it will take much more of your time. That’s why we recommend investing in an instant pot. You will not regret it.
Now, let’s move on to the ingredients of this soup. Concerning the vegetables in it, you can always add what you prefer, but the standard practice is as it follows:
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter.
- Broccoli florets, 4 cups of bite-sized pieces (about one medium head of broccoli).
- 1 piece of yellow or white diced onion.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Two carrots diced or grated
- All-purpose flour, ¼ cup.
- Water or vegetable stock.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese (for this recipe we recommend cheddar cheese)
- Some people would have preferred to use oil instead of butter. However, we recommend using butter because it adds to the creaminess and the overall flavor of the soup.
- We recommend using vegetable stock instead of just water because it adds more flavor to the soup.
- If you are a vegan, you can use other kinds of milk like almond or coconut milk and a vegan cheese.
IMPORTANT : If you are allergic to gluten then you can look for a gluten free all-purpose flour.
Instructions on How to Make an Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Turn on the instant cooker and let it heat up a little bit.
- Then add the butter and let it melt.
- Immediately after that add the onion and the carrots. Let them cook for about three minutes until the onion changes color.
- And then add the garlic and flour. Cook them for another thirty seconds to one minute.
- Then add the vegetable stock. Stir everything nicely because you don’t want any flour lumps in your soup.
- Afterward, add the broccoli.
- Now it’s time to cook the soup. Choose high pressure on your instant pot and cook for eight minutes.
- After 8 minutes, turn it off and open the lid. While it is still hot, add the cheese and mix.
- Once the cheese melts, add the milk and some salt and pepper.
IMPORTANT: Preparing all the ingredients before starting to cook. It will be a lot faster if you have everything within reach. Cut the broccoli and the other vegetables and shred the cheese ahead.
Voila! You just made an instant pot broccoli cheese soup. You can serve this soup in very different ways. It goes well with a bowl of salad, but you can also put it in a bread bowl. Basically, you can do whatever you like. We recommend serving it with some nice hot bread on the side. Due to all the milk and cheese, we add to this soup it can be quite filling even if it doesn’t seem so. We usually don’t expect soups to be very filling, but this one might surprise you. If you can’t eat all of it at once, there is no need to worry. You can store it in your refrigerator for 3 days and you can also freeze it for up to three months.
We hope that this recipe for instant pot broccoli cheese soup caught your attention. It is very easy to make and it will make everyone in your household very happy. It is healthy as a normal vegetable soup but it has a little twist with the cheese. Yes, the cheese in the soup takes it to a whole another level. Even if you are a vegan, that won’t stop you from enjoying this recipe. Choose vegan milk and vegan cheese and follow the original recipe. If you have a gluten allergy, look for gluten-free flour, and follow the original recipe. Instead of using bread just serve it with some salad. This soup can be made to satisfy anybody.
Do you want another instant pot recipe? Check out my previous post here.