Ever wonder how to cook egg in oven. You’re in the right place my friend. I have few in my arsenal and I’m willing to share them to you.
Why use the oven instead? Maybe you’re cutting back on fat or the oven is on already. Cooking some extra will save energy, instead of firing up the gas stove. And it will also save you time cleaning.
The more you want to clean less when you’re in a condo or dorm. Splashing and spraying oil might mess up the tight space.
You have a refined palate. Pan and oven cooked eggs might have a subtle taste difference. But that difference is what keeps you attached to the oven.
Then consider getting a dependable oven. Whether it’s a gas range or electric, it should be accurate and safe. Never explode when in use and gives the correct temperature. If you already have, set a regular check and cleaning for accuracy and durability.
Next are the eggs. Shop for the freshest eggs you can find. Then proceed cooking egg in oven.
Read my other post on cooking sunny side up egg.
1. Soft Boiled Eggs in Oven
First is my favorite, the soft boiled eggs in oven. Try it and you’ll love it too.
Put eggs on muffin pan lined with muffin cups. Then bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 350°F. Then cool in a water bath. What you’ve done are hard boiled eggs. How do you go for the soft boiled?
Adjust time to get different types of boiled eggs. About 20 minutes for soft boiled eggs, 25 minutes for medium, and 30 minutes for hard boiled.
2. Sunny Side Up Eggs in Oven
Break 10 eggs on 11×17 inch greased pan, with oil or cooking spray. Try not to break the yolks and arranged them evenly. Then bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 425°F. Cut the sunny side up eggs in oven.
You might have a hard time distributing eggs on a tray and cutting them up. Then do the alternative instead.
Arrange sunny side up rings on a greased baking pan. Fill each ring with one unbeaten egg. Then bake for 5 minutes at 425°F.
3. How to Bake Eggs in Muffin Tin
Get a nonstick muffin tin. Break one egg in each hole while taking care not to break the yolk. Dash each hole with salt and pepper.
If you want to break the yolk, do so by poking with a spatula.
Cook in oven for 17 minutes at 350°F. Shorten the time if you want softer baked eggs.
Now you know how to baked eggs in muffin tin. It’s not shorter than frying in a pan but at least you can bath before the baking time ends.
Let’s continue learning how to cook egg in oven.
4. Cooking Eggs in the Oven for Breakfast Sandwiches
- Get silicone sunny side up rings. Place in a greased pan. Break one egg into each ring.
- On the other tray side, place two bread loaves and one slice of meatloaf.
- Bake for 17 minutes at 350°F.
- Take out from the oven. Cool for a few minutes. Then arrange baked eggs and meatloaf between bread loaves. Add cheddar, kale, and tomato slices if desired.
Cooking eggs in the oven for breakfast sandwiches is quite enjoyable. Especially true if you have a small electric oven.
5. Fried Eggs in Oven
Frying is not only for pan and wok. If your oven is on for other purposes, make quick fried cook egg in oven. An extra 15 minutes won’t consume much electricity.
- In a bowl, break up to 10 eggs. One or two are fine if that is what you need.
- Take care not to disturb the yolk or do so if you wish.
- Preheat a deep baking pan for 15 minutes at 425°F.
- Takeout the pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Pour the eggs in the pan and bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Increase or deduct to get the desired texture.
6. Scrambled Egg in Oven
Not just fried eggs, you can do scrambled egg in oven too. Prepare your gloves, oven, and the rest of the ingredients. Then go cooking.
- In a large bowl break 5 large eggs and add 1/2 tsp salt. Whisk.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and continue whisking for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the beaten eggs in a deep baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Take out for a quick stir. Then bake again for another 10 minutes.
7. Baked Egg Omelette
Preparing baked egg omelette is easier than you think.
In a bowl, beat 4 eggs and 1/2 cup milk.
Add the following ingredients and continue whisking.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup cheddar sticks
- 1 tbsp dried onion
Transfer into a small and deep baking pan and cook in oven for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Ham and cheddar cheese are optional ingredients. Replace them with anything you like. Add chopped bacon, fried chicken shreds, or vegetable bits.
8. Muffin Pan Poached Eggs
You’ll never get bored with eggs. It’s so versatile. Here is another recipe for you to make, the muffin pan poached eggs.
- Add 15 ml water into each muffin pan hole.
- Then crack an egg into each hole.
- Dash with salt, pepper, and perhaps herbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350°F. Adjust time as you please.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a minute.
- Scoop up all muffin pan poached eggs. Tap to remove excess water.
- Serve with bacon bits, chopped shallots, and cheese.
You have learned how to cook egg in oven. These 8 easy to prepare and exquisite recipes are your starting point.
- Soft boiled eggs in oven
- Sunny side up eggs in oven
- Baked eggs in muffin tin
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Fried eggs in oven
- Scrambled eggs in oven
- Baked egg omelette
- Muffin pan poached eggs.
If you’re really cutting back on fat, then get rid of it completely. Get a nonstick oven pan and throw away all the oil. Likewise, a nonstick pan and a well seasoned skillet will serve the same purpose.
Clean up the oven. The outside might be fine but the inside will get dirty. A trusty and well maintained machine will serve you for a prolonged period.
On the other hand, you can also cook eggs without any oil by using a nonstick pan or a well seasoned skillet. Last and the most important. The eggs. It’s an excellent microbial breeding ground. One misstep and you’re going to see a doctor.
Check my article on Important factors in cooking boiled egg.