A pork chop is the most tender and lean cut than all other pork cuts. A perpendicular cut to the spine gives you the lean chop cuts. This chop usually contains a part of the rib which helps the pig meat not fall during cooking. Pig chops are typically served as an individual dish. There are many ways to cook these delicious chops. Cooking pig on the stove keeps the moisture inside the chop, which makes it more juicy and delicious. Below we will discuss various methods for cooking pork chops on the stove.
Cooking pork chops on the stove with water :
For this recipe, you will need these ingredients :
- Four pig chops.
- One tablespoon butter.
- Half tablespoon of salt.
- Quarter tablespoon of garlic powder.
- Quarter tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- One tablespoon of dried parsley.
- Firstly, take a large skillet and put it on the stovetop.
- Melt one tablespoon of butter and heat it in a skillet pan and spread it evenly.
- And then, mix the salt, black pepper, and dried parsley.
- Cover both sides of the pork chops with this mixture. Lean pork chops are lean so it gets dried very soon when cooked.
- Searing creates a block layer on both sides which locked in the moisture in pig chop. Sear the chops for two minutes till the front gets the brown color. This brown color is the layer that contains the moisture inside the pig meat.
- After that, lower the heat and keep searing the chops for 10 minutes.
- For a perfectly cooked pork meat, the inner temperature of the meat should be not less than 63-degree Celcius. You can check it with a thermometer. If you don’t have any thermometer, make a cut with a sharp knife in the middle of the thickest chop. If the meat color comes white from the cut, the pork chop is ready and safe to eat.
- Lastly, take out the chops from the skillet and wait for three minutes before serving. You get four servings from this recipe.
Cooking pan-fried boneless pork chops on the stove
For this recipe, you have to marinate the chops for a perfect result. Marination takes a long time like 8 to 10 hours, but after marination, you will need just 10 minutes to prepare your delicious meal.
The ingredients you will need for this recipe are :
- Four boneless pig chops.
- Apple cider vinegar (four tablespoons)
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- One tablespoon of salt.
- Half tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- One clove of garlic chopped well—two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Firstly, in a large ziplock polybag pour the apple cider vinegar into it. And then add salt, olive oil, and black pepper powder. Stir well to mix all ingredients evenly.
- Then put the boneless chops inside this poly bag. Toss gently so that the mixture coats the chops evenly from all sides. And then seal the polybag from the top and marinate it for 8 to 10 hours inside the refrigerator.
- Keep shaking the polybag after two to three hours for even margination of chops. Longer margination makes the chops juicier and more tender.
- Secondly, heat the big pan on the stove. And then heat oil in the pan till it gets hot enough to sear the pork chop.
- Then add the chopped garlic in hot oil until it gets brown color.
- Now take out marinated chops from the polybag and place in the heated skillet with brown garlic. With marination, chops become very tender and cook in just 8 to 20 minutes.
- Either check the inner meat temperature with a meat thermometer or cut in the middle of a thick chop. A perfectly cooked meat shows white color from pinkish.
- Lastly, take it out from the pan and wait for 2 to three minutes before serving. This recipe gives you four servings.
Enjoy juicier and tender boneless pork chops without worrying about how to cook thin boneless pork chops on the stove. The same recipe will work for small boneless pork chops.
Cooking pork chops from stove to oven
Pork chops cooked in oven are very delicious. The ingredients you will need for this recipe are.
- Four pork chops
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- One tablespoon of salt
- Half tablespoon of black pepper powder
- Parsley powder (1/2 tablespoon)
- Four cloves of chopped garlic
- Firstly, take a big skillet and put it on the stove.
- And then, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- After that mix the salt, black pepper powder, and parsley powder. Then, sprinkle this mixture on the pork chop.
- On both sides of the pork chop, coat this mixture evenly When the oil is hot enough, add this coated pork chop to the skillet.
- And then sear it on both sides for two minutes.
- Secondly, preheat the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- And then, take the chops out of the skillet and place them in the oven dish. Cover the oven dish with aluminum foil. It will enhance the baking procedure and prevent the chops from drying. Set the timer to 30 to 45 minutes as per the size of the chops.
- When done, take the chops out of the oven. These juicy and tender chops are ready to be served. You will get four servings from this recipe
Cooking the pork chop is not very difficult. Even a newbie knows how to cook pork chops on the stove after reading this article. You can use the pan method for cooking pork chops in ten minutes. If you want to eat tender and juicy boneless pork chops, then you can marinate it before cooking. An 8 to 10 hours marination gives you very moist and tender chops ready in 8 minutes. You can use the aluminum foil method to cook chops in the oven. The aluminum foil keeps the pork chops moisture.
Choose any of the above methods and enjoy healthy and tasty food always. And in addition to this, you may want to check out recipes for cooking stuffed pork chops from my previous post here. For reliable stove models you may be looking for, visit this link from Amazon.