How to spice up canned refried beans?
The canned refried beans taste good enough without needing to cook or adding anything else. However, you can make it a little better by adding more flavors yourself.
- 1 can refried beans (about 16 oz)
- 2 tbsp of bacon grease
- ½ onion chopped
- ½ tsp of onion and garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A saucepan
- A spoon
- Place the bacon grease to a saucepan over medium-low heat until it’s melted
- Add chopped onion to the pan and saute it to golden and tender
- Stir in the canned refried beans
- Season with onion and garlic powder, also salt and pepper to your liking
- Stir the mixture constantly for a few minutes until warmed through then serve hot
- Use vegetable oil or any cooking oil or butter as a substitute if you don’t have bacon grease
- Shredded cheese goes well with the beans so you can optionally garnish the dish with cheese